Yoga Therapy Teacher Training Program-IAYT Accredited
This module introduces the basic skills needed for client intake, observation and assessment, as well as practical, effective tools for addressing specific aspects of the body, mind and spirit. Upon completion of Module 1, students will satisfy the requirements to be a 500-hour Registered Yoga Teacher with Yoga Alliance, and be eligible continue on to Module 2: A Career in Yoga Therapy, as well as the Practicum & Mentorship. Upon the successful completion of Module 1, Module 2 and the Practicum students will be eligible to apply as a Certified Yoga Therapist (C-IAYT) through IAYT, the International Association of Yoga Therapists.
Module 1 Content:
- The evolution of yoga philosophy and teachings as a current model for the application of yoga therapy
- The Pancamaya Model as a framework for understanding and applying yoga therapy
- How to evaluate and address a client’s needs in the context of the yoga therapy relationship
- Skills and methods for interviewing and assessing clients
- How to effectively communicate with students based on their learning style
- How to construct and deliver a yoga therapy session addressing concerns and goals
- Specific asana, pranayama, meditation, and relaxation techniques, and how to apply them to affect your client’s physical, mental, and emotional well-being
- How to allocate and apply yoga techniques towards a client’s health and wellness goals
- Advanced Western anatomy and kinesiology, and their application to asana
- Benefits and contraindications of yoga tools and practices specific to conditions
- How to apply yoga to the most common health complaints, including: back pain, joint pain and mobility issues, digestive issues, insomnia, headaches, anxiety and depression
- Subtle yoga anatomy in relationship to healing and wellness, including education and practice
- Practical understanding of Ayurveda and how to apply principles within a yoga therapy context
- Common Western treatments for health concerns, and working in collaboration with allopathic health professionals
- Understanding scope of practice and referring students to appropriate health care providers
MEET OUR FACULTY-Check back often! We are hiring local faculty and will be adding to our list!
YOGA THERAPY FACULTY, LEAD TRAINER
Emily Smith (C-IAYT) has been practicing yoga since 1999, and teaching since 2003. While the roots of her personal practice lay in more vigorous forms such as Ashtanga and Jivamukti, she found relief from her arthritis and scoliosis when her practice shifted to a slower, more alignment-based Hatha practice under the tutelage of Doug Keller, with whom she continues to study. She has undergone extensive training in yoga therapy, meditation, and pranayama with such teachers as Mahadevi Sandra Summerfield Kozak, Leslie Kaminoff, and Tias Little. Emily has completed over 500 hours of training in Para Yoga with Yogiraj Rod Stryker, is a certified Phoenix Rising Yoga Therapy Practitioner, a certified Y12SR instructor under Nikki Myers, and has completed iRest levels I & II with Richard Miller. A former yoga studio owner, she possesses an M.Ed. in Rehabilitation Counseling, and has 23 years of experience as a Certified Rehabilitation Counselor & Certified Case Manager. She is also certified as a Main Street Vegan Lifestyle Coach, and is certified in Plant-Based Nutrition.
YOGA THERAPY FACULTY
Wendy Landry (C-IAYT) has been practicing yoga since 2000, and teaching since 2005. Through the years she has found relief from an overworked nervous system with restorative yoga. Her extensive studies have taken her on many adventures around the country where she has trained with Anodea Judith, Judith Hanson Lasater, and Nischala Joy Devi. Wendy’s advanced training was completed at the Himalayan Institute, where she received induction into the Institute’s linage and is honored to have studied with Shari Fridrichsen, Andra Anderson and Rolf Solvic. She has a Masters in Counseling and an MBA in Strategic Leadership. Wendy has specialty training in cardiac and cancer yoga therapy and completed Nischala Joy Devi’s Yoga of the Heart Teacher Training Program. She owns Om Prana Yoga in Parkville, MO.
LOCATION & SCHEDULE
All classes meet at Om Prana Yoga according to the following schedule:
- Thursday from 11:00-5:30 with a 30-minute break
- Friday 9:00-5:30 with a 1 hour break
- Saturday 10:00-6:30 with a 1 hour break
- Sunday 9-4:00 with a 1 hour break
- Weekend 1: February 15-18, 2018
- Weekend 2: March 22-25, 2018
- Weekend 3: April 27-30, 2018
- Weekend 4: May 24-27, 2018
- Weekend 5: June 28-July 1, 2018
- Weekend 6: July 26-29, 2018
- Weekend 7: August 23-26, 2018
- Weekend 8: September 27-30, 2018
- Weekend 9: October 25-28, 2018
- Weekend 10: December 6-9, 2018
(816) 876-4638 | info@OmPranaYoga.com | 6 ½ E First St, Parkville, MO 64152, proudly serving Kansas City and surrounding areas.
Yoga Yoga and OmPrana Yoga are proud to partner to offer our IAYT accredited Yoga Therapy Program. Designed for 200-hour Registered Yoga Teachers who are passionate about their students’ well-being. This professional program will equip you with the specialized knowledge and practical tools to offer yoga’s healing benefits to individuals and groups with a wide array of health and wellness goals. Yoga Yoga’s Yoga Therapy Program is accredited by the Accreditation Committee of the International Association of Yoga Therapists. For more information, contact: www.iayt.org.