4 Week Series Starts Saturday, April 13th
Yoga Therapy Group Class for Insomnia
Do you have troubles going to sleep and/or staying asleep? Do you feel your quality of sleep could improve? Is insomnia frustrating and exhausting your life and you’re ready to try something new?
Yoga Therapy for Insomnia is designed to work with students who have struggled with insomnia. During this group yoga therapy class series we will focus on yoga, breath, and mindfulness techniques to relax the body, calm the mind and prepare the system for sleep.
During this series you will learn:
- Stretches and movements to assist your body’s balance in the muscular, skeletal, endocrine and nervous systems
- Breath techniques to calm the mind and oxygenate the system as a whole
- Systematic deep relaxation
- Mindful lifestyle tips to invite peaceful slumber
No yoga experience needed.
Tuition: $155, includes individual yoga therapy intake assessment and 4 group yoga therapy classes on April 13, 20, 27 and May 4. There are no refunds after the intake assessment has been completed.
Yoga Therapy group classes differ from regular yoga classes in four ways:
1. Yoga Therapy is conducted by a Certified Yoga Therapist. Certification is issued through IAYT (International Association of Yoga Therapists) and credentials will be listed as a C-IAYT. Wendy at Om Prana Yoga is one of the first Certified Yoga Therapists with a C-IAYT certification in the Kansas City area.
2. Yoga Therapy classes are smaller classes than a public yoga class and should not exceed 5-6 participants in order to honor the individual needs of participants. At Om Prana, Yoga Therapy group classes have a maximum of 4 people enrolled.
3. Students in a yoga therapy group class, as opposed to a public yoga class, are made up of students with like conditions. For example, all students in this series will have challenges with chronic neck pain.
4. Yoga Therapy isn’t yoga therapy without an intake assessment being completed first so that the yoga therapist has a better understanding of the person as a whole and their needs. At Om Prana Yoga, Yoga Therapy group classes will start with an individual yoga therapy intake assessment that will be scheduled separate and before the group series starts.