300 Hour Professional Teacher Training Program
Are you ready to build on your 200 hour Yoga Teacher Training, expand your yoga knowledge and integrate practice and technique through professional training? You will have a rare opportunity to dive deep into your own practice, gain insight into yourself, and experience profound transformational wisdom. Our 300 Hour Yoga Alliance-Approved School education from mentors and scholars who are at the top of their field, many of which hold Masters Degrees or Higher in their craft.
This program is a locally run and locally delivered. This means your faculty will be locally available to coach and guide you throughout your teacher training and after graduation. We are dedicated to your education. We believe that every teacher trainee should have the opportunity to receive a deeply rich, hands on education. Therefore, we limit our class size. Space is limited, register early to ensure your space.
You will learn:
- Advanced class sequencing
- How to teach safely to all body types, ages, and students with injuries or chronic conditions
- Introduction to Ayurveda, the Doshas and integration into yoga
- How to use props to enhance a yoga practice
- Intensive training in Restorative Yoga
- Yoga Philosophy that will be applied on and off your mat through study of the Sutras and Bhagavad Gita
- Advanced Yoga Anatomy
- Meditation Practices including use of Mudras and development and delivery of guided meditations
- Specialized Pranayama (Breathing) Practices
- Business & Marketing
- Learn to develop your niche
- Individual coaching
Techniques, Training and Practice (92 Classroom Hours):
We will dive beyond the 200 hour level training to find an enhanced understanding of how to teach students who have various shaped bodies, are aging and/or have injuries. We will introduce and give the trainees experience working through the koshas in a class to maximize their student’s energetic systems. Trainees will have the opportunity to enhance their understanding of injuries and how to work with students who have injuries (such as shoulder and hip injuries), and to teach in an effort to avoid future injuries.
Advanced concepts for Meditations, Guided Relaxations, and Pranayamas will be presented and practiced during this training.
Advanced Restorative Yoga training will be taught.
Teaching Methodologies (84 Classroom Hours):
Through lecture, experiential learning and assignments, trainees will refine their business planning, identify their niche, practice language refinement and explore how to navigate successfully through private yoga sessions.
Through reflection and self-discovery, trainees will identify and develop their personal teaching philosophies, mission and vision statements.
Trainees will evaluate different communication styles and practice fine tuning vocabulary and descriptive phrases into their teaching to enhance effective communication with students.
Workshop development and business plan writing will be taught by MBA level professional yogis.
Anatomy & Physiology (40.5 Classroom Hours):
A yoga teacher should never stop learning about anatomy and this training teaches trainees to dive deep into common yoga injuries in order to prevent them or to work around injuries students bring to class. This program will teach trainees how to observe the body, know the kinesiological foundation of the movements and apply anatomical principals to teaching yoga safely. Much of the anatomy will be taught by working professionals in the healthcare industry.
Yoga Philosophy, Lifestyle & Ethics for Yoga Teachers (48 Classroom Hours):
We believe teaching yoga is not just a job it’s a lifestyle. In this training, we will dive deep into the yogic philosophies of traditional texts, such as The Bhagavad Gita and Patanjali’s Yoga Sutras. Trainees will practice incorporating these philosophies into practice, thus developing concepts into the yoga classroom.
We also believe in establishing a sound ethical presence in the yoga community and will take a close look at the legal and ethical components to yoga as a business.
Practicum (38.5 Classroom Hours)
Om Prana Yoga School believes strongly in providing coaching and mentoring to our professional teachers. Trainees will receive hands-on experience with teaching yoga through observation of teaching, assisting and then leading classes under the supervision of faculty members.
October 11-15, 2020 -This 5 day intensive schedule is: 9am-12 pm & 1:30 pm-5pm
Weekend Class Schedule:
November 13-15, 2020
January 8-10, 2021
February 5-7, 2021
March 5-7, 2021
April 9-11, 2021
May 14-16, 2021
June 4-6, 2021
June 25-27, 2021
July 16-18, 2021
August 6-8, 2021
300 Hour Weekend Class Times:
Friday 9 am-6pm
Saturday 9 am-6 pm
Sunday 9 am-4 pm
300 Hour Tuition
$3,600 Once accepted into the program, a $600 non-refundable/non-transferrable deposit is required. Tuition includes the weekend modules, mentorship during your practicum classes and a book bag. Outside costs for books, listed above.
All tuition must be paid in full by the first day of teacher training.
Payment plans can be arranged with Om Prana Yoga, after the initial $600 deposit is made, and must be paid in full before the final weekend begins. All payment plans will be charged interest in the amount of 10% of the amount financed.
300 Hour Application: (Application Due Date 10/1/2020)
To apply please answer the following questions and email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Why do you practice yoga?
- Where/when did you complete your 200 hour training? Are you registered with Yoga Alliance? (Please submit a copy of your 200 Hour Certificate with your application.)
- What is your background and experience with yoga? Please include workshops, retreats and trainings. How many years have you been practicing?
- Why do you want to take the OPY 300 hr Professional Yoga training? What do you hope to receive from it? What are your expectations and goals?
- What styles of yoga do you personally feel most drawn towards and why?
- Describe your asana and pranayama practice. What is your inversion and backbend practice like?
- Have you ever studied or practiced meditation?
- What is your educational and professional background outside of yoga?
- Please describe the most challenging moment you’ve experienced as a yoga student in the past 12 months. As a yoga teacher in the past 12 month? What did you learn from these experiences?
- Please briefly describe any training you have had in the fields of anatomy or physiology.
- Please describe any special medical concerns you have. Are you currently taking any medications? Please tell us about any past injuries and /or surgeries.
Upon review of your application & copy of your 200 Hour Certificate of Completion, you will be notified in writing via email if you have been accepted into the program, along with registration paperwork to complete. Upon acceptance into the program, all registration paperwork and $600 deposit must be completed in its entirety and returned to the Om Prana Office before a space will be held.